Did you know you aren't limited to using specific view formats on specific folders? Yes, you can create a Day/Week/month view on other folders. While it's not a good view for your Inbox, it works well on Tasks, as does Timeline.
Select the folder you want a new view for and open the Define views dialog from the View menu or the bottom of the Advanced toolbar's Current View list.
- Choose New and select the Type of View you want to use:
- Table view is the list view used on email folders and works well on all folder types
- Timeline is the default Journal view and works well on Tasks and is usable on the Calendar.
- Card is the Address card view in Contacts. It's not all that useful in other folders, although if you have a lot of short Notes, it's not bad.
- Day/Week/Month is the Calendar view. It works well with Tasks and Journal.
- Icon is the default Notes view. Like Card, it's not really useful in any other folders.
Click Ok after naming the view to customize the view and Apply.
Published February 17, 2004. Last updated on May 16, 2011.