A popular question the last couple of weeks was "How do I add social networking icons to my signature?"
Easy. Find the icons you want to use. If they are larger than you want, reduce the size in SnagIt or InfranView. Create a new signature or edit an existing signature and insert the images and hyperlink them.
In Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013:
- Open the Signature Editor in File, Options, Mail, Signatures
- Select a signature to edit or click New and create a new signature
- Enter the text for your signature
- Place the cursor where you want to insert the icon and click the Insert Picture button.
- Select the icon and click the Insert Hyperlink button
- Repeat as needed and Save when finished.
In Outlook 2007 and 2003 you'll use the same steps, but the Signature dialog is in Tools, Options, Mail Format, Signatures.
Create a hyperlinked image in a signature tutorial
This video tutorial shows how to create a hyperlinked icon in an Outlook signature.
Published April 22, 2013. Last updated on June 4, 2014.