To change the default delivery location in Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2002, use the following instructions:
Change the Default Delivery Location
- Add a new PST using the File, New, Outlook Data File menu.
- Open the Email Accounts dialog on the Tools menu.
- Select view or Change existing email accounts and click Next.
- Select the new personal folders file from the Deliver new email to the following location list.
- Click Finish and restart Outlook.
- Show the folder list, using Ctrl+6 if necessary, and find the old Outbox. Delete the message.
- Repeat steps 2, 3, 4, and 5 to restore the original pst as the default delivery location.
- Show the folder list and move any new messages from the new pst to the original pst.
- Right click on the new folder's name and Choose Close to remove it from your profile.
Published September 16, 2004. Last updated on December 17, 2015.