A user had a view he liked in his older version of Outlook but Outlook 2010 messed it up. Provided he has a backup pst that contains the contacts formatted with the view, he can apply the view to other contact folders.
Copying views to other folders is supported in Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013. In older Outlook versions, you can apply views to other folders one at a time.
- Begin by opening the backup pst in the profile.
- Open the folder whose view you want to copy.
- Go to the view ribbon.
- Expand the Current View button
- Select Apply current view to other folders
- A folder picker dialog opens.
- Select the folders you want to apply the view to.
- If you want to include subfolders, select Apply to subfolders at the bottom.
- Click OK and the view will be applied to the selected folders.
Published September 3, 2012. Last updated on September 1, 2012.