While a dynamic distribution list is easier to maintain if the members of the DL change often, there are times when you'll want a "real" distribution list. Adding members based on categories or other criteria can be a slow process, however, it doesn't have to be.
- Use views to display or group the contacts you want in the DL.
- Select them and use Actions, Send New message to create a message addressed to the selected contacts.
- Select the addresses in the To field and copy.
- Use File, New, Distribution List and choose Select members.
- Paste the addresses in the Members field.
Click Ok to return to the DL form and save or add more members.
This trick works on any addresses you can select, including the addresses on new mail that is sent to a group of people.
Published January 16, 2004. Last updated on July 18, 2014.